Hunters chicken pasta bake is the ultimate flavour combo that you and your family will be obsessed with! This chicken pasta bake recipe is super slimming friendly, gluten-free and an absolute showstopper of a dish that the whole family will love. Read on to find out how to create a Hunters chicken pasta bake recipe just like this one from Pinch of Nom.
This mouthwatering hunter’s chicken pasta bake combines smokey bacon, melted cheese and a delicious cheesy sauce to make the ultimate fakeaway. If you love saucy, indulgent pasta bakes then this recipe is right up your street! The chances are it’s about to become a firm family favourite in your house.
Table of contents
- Why Make Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake?
- How to cook hunters’ chicken from butchers?
- Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake Ingredients
- Step By Step Guide To Making Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake
- Tips For Making The Best Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake
- More Pasta Bake Recipes To Try
- Nutritional Information
Hunters chicken pasta bake
- Oven You'll need an oven for baking the dish to perfection.
- Baking Dish Choose a suitable baking dish, preferably a 9×13-inch casserole dish or something similar, to assemble and bake the pasta.
- Skillet: A skillet or frying pan is necessary to sear the chicken before combining it with the pasta and sauce.
- Large pot You'll need a large pot to boil the pasta until it's al dente.
- Saucepan: A saucepan is essential for preparing the tomato sauce.
- Cutting board and knife These are required for cutting and preparing the chicken and any other ingredients.
- Stove: You'll need a stovetop for cooking the chicken and preparing the sauce.
- Cooking Utensils Basic utensils like a spatula, tongs, and stirring spoons are necessary for cooking and assembling the dish.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons These are handy for accurately measuring ingredients like herbs, spices, and sauce.
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 250g bacon lardons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 25g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp heaped plain flour
- 500ml semi skimmed milk
- 100g Philadelphia cream cheese
- Fry the chicken and bacon – Add 1 tsp oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and fry for 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the bacon lardons and fry for 5 more mins until cooked through. Sprinkle with paprika and set aside.
- Make the cheese sauce – In a saucepan, melt 25g butter. Add 3 finely diced garlic cloves, 1 tsp paprika and 2 tbsp tomato puree. Cook for 1 min. Then add 2 heaped tbsp plain flour and cook for 1 min, stirring continuously. Gradually add 500ml semi skimmed milk, stirring well, until thickened. Stir in 100g Philadelphia cream cheese until smooth and season to taste.
- Cook the pasta – Cook 200g pasta following pack instructions then drain.
- Combine everything – Add the cooked pasta, chicken mixture and 2/3 of the cheese sauce to an ovenproof dish. Mix well. Pour over 100g tangy bbq sauce and stir through. Top with 50g grated cheddar.
- Bake – Pop into the oven for 15 mins. After 10 mins, add the remaining cheese sauce and cook for the final 5 mins until piping hot and golden.
- Serve – Remove from oven, garnish with chopped parsley and sliced spring onions. Serve immediately.
Why Make Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake?
There are so many great reasons to make this hunters chicken pasta bake recipe:
- It’s slimming friendly and lower-calorie but still feels like an indulgent treat
- The combo of tangy BBQ sauce, pasta and chicken is to die for
- It’s a sauce loaded pasta bake – who doesn’t love that?!
- You can easily tweak it to your own taste e.g add veggies, chilli, mustard
- It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken
- Perfect for getting the whole family to eat healthy
This barbecue chicken pasta bake is total comfort food that feels naughty but is actually pretty healthy! Keep reading for the full hunters chicken pasta bake recipe.
How to cook hunters’ chicken from butchers?
To cook hunters chicken from a butcher, start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Season the chicken pieces with your favourite herbs and spices. In a hot skillet, sear the chicken until it’s golden brown. In a separate saucepan, prepare a flavorful tomato sauce with garlic, onions, and herbs. Place the seared chicken in a baking dish, cover it with the tomato sauce, and top it with grated cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden, and the chicken is cooked through. Serve your delicious hunters chicken hot and enjoy!
- How do I prevent the pasta from becoming too soft during baking?
To avoid overly soft pasta, be sure to cook it to al dente (firm to the bite) before assembling the dish.
- How do I make a spicier version of this pasta bake?
Add crushed red pepper flakes or sliced jalapeños to the tomato sauce for a spicy kick.
- Can I make a vegan version of hunters chicken pasta bake?
Yes, you can use plant-based alternatives like seitan or tempeh for protein, dairy-free cheese, and a vegan tomato sauce to create a vegan-friendly version.
Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake Ingredients
To make hunters chicken pasta bake you will need the:
- Diced chicken breast
- Tomato puree
- BBQ sauce
- Philadelphia cheese
- Cheddar cheese
For the full method and instructions, keep scrolling!
Step By Step Guide To Making Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake
Follow these simple steps to make this crowd-pleasing hunters chicken pasta bake recipe:
Step 1 – Fry The Chicken and Bacon
Add 1 tsp oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the bacon lardons and fry for another 5 minutes until cooked through. Sprinkle over some paprika and set aside.
Step 2 – Make the Cheese Sauce
In a saucepan, add 25g butter, 3 finely diced garlic cloves, 1 tsp paprika and 2 tbsp tomato puree. Cook for 1 minute.
Next, add 2 heaped tbsp plain flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously to form a paste. Slowly add 500ml semi skimmed milk, stirring continuously, and bring to a simmer.
Add 100g Philadelphia cream cheese and stir until melted and combined to form a smooth cheese sauce. Season well with salt and pepper.
Step 3 – Cook the Pasta
Cook 200g pasta following pack instructions, then drain.
Step 4 – Combine it All!
Add the cooked pasta, chicken mixture and 2/3 of the cheese sauce to an ovenproof dish. Mix well to ensure everything is evenly coated.
Pour over 100g of tangy BBQ sauce and stir through. Top with 50g grated cheddar cheese.
Step 5 – Bake in the Oven
Pop the hunter’s chicken pasta and bake into the oven for 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the remaining cheese sauce and cook for the final 5 minutes until piping hot and golden.
Step 6 – Finish and Serve
Remove the dish from the oven, and garnish with chopped parsley and finely sliced spring onions. Then serve immediately.
Dig in and enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake
- Play around with different pasta shapes like fusilli or farfalle
- Try using turkey or Quorn mince for a lighter option
- For extra veg, stir through peas, sweetcorn, peppers or courgette
- Swap BBQ sauce for your favourite pasta sauce
- Mix up the cheese – mozzarella and parmesan work too
- Bulk it out with onions, mushrooms or cannellini beans
- Garnish with coriander or chilli flakes if you like heat
- Serve with a fresh salad and garlic bread for a fakeaway feel
So there you have it – an easy, family-friendly recipe for hunters chicken pasta bake. With a deliciously cheesy sauce, tender chicken and the sweet tang of BBQ, this dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The best thing is it takes just 30 minutes to prep then the oven does the work.
For more fakeaway style recipes that don’t compromise on flavour, check out Pinch of Nom. Their popular recipes help you create filling, tasty meals that are lower in calories. Give this hunters chicken pasta bake a go – it’s so saucy and comforting!
More Pasta Bake Recipes To Try
If you and your family love this hunters chicken pasta bake, why not try more deliciously saucy pasta bakes? Here are some of our favourite recipes to add to your dinner rotation:
- Chicken Fajita Pasta Bake
- Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake
- Sausage Ragu Pasta Bake
- Chicken and Chorizo Pasta Bake
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake
- Mexican Chicken Pasta Bake
- Vegetable Lasagne
- Mac and Cheese Pasta Bake
- Beef Bolognese Pasta Bake
- Italian Meatball Pasta Bake
Which one are you going to try next? Let us know!
To make this hunters chicken pasta bake slimming friendly, we’ve used lighter options for the cheese sauce and kept portions under control.
Here are the approx nutritional values per serving:
- Calories: 430kcal
- Protein: 37g
- Carbs: 40g
- Fat: 13g
- Sugar: 7g
Of course, you can adapt it to suit your own diet. Use low fat cheese or wholemeal pasta to make it even more healthy.
This hunters chicken pasta bake is a great way to feed the whole family a tasty homemade fakeaway. The ultimate crowd pleaser!
Variations and Recipes Like Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake
If you’re already a fan of Hunters Chicken Pasta Bake, you might be on the lookout for similar recipes to add variety to your menu. Luckily, there are plenty of dishes out there that capture the same comforting essence with their unique twists. Whether you’re interested in different protein choices, pasta types, or sauce variations, the world of pasta bakes is rich and diverse.
In conclusion, hunters chicken pasta bake is a delightful family dinner idea that will become a household favorite. By selecting quality ingredients, following the step-by-step preparation process, and experimenting with variations, you can create a memorable dish that satisfies your cravings. So, why wait? Gather your ingredients, fire up the oven, and get ready to savor the deliciousness of hunters chicken pasta bake tonight.
Hunters chicken is typically made from chicken, bacon, cheese, and a rich tomato-based sauce.
Yes, you can use various pasta sauces for pasta bake, including marinara, Alfredo, or pesto, depending on your preference.
Your pasta bake might turn out hard if the pasta is not cooked to al dente before baking, or if it doesn’t have enough moisture from the sauce and cheese during baking.
Yes, you can freeze the leftover pasta bake in an airtight container for up to three months. Reheat it in the oven for a quick and satisfying meal.
Yes, you can substitute chicken with vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and mushrooms for a delicious vegetarian alternative.