Chicken sausage pasta is a delightful and flavorful dish that combines the goodness of juicy chicken sausage with the comfort of pasta. It is a universal and easy-to-make meal that is loved by both kids and adults. The is cooked to perfection and tossed with juicy chicken sausage, rich vegetables, and fragrant herbs. The result is a balanced blend of surfaces and flavors that is both lovely and delicious.
The star of this dish, chicken sausage, adds a savory and slightly smoky taste to the pasta. It provides a lean and healthier choice to traditional pork sausage while still delivering a burst of flavor. The combination of tender pasta and juicy sausage creates a filling meal that is perfect for any event, whether it’s a quick weeknight dinner or a special gathering with friends and family.
To enhance the flavors even further, various ingredients can be added to the chicken sausage. Fresh vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms can be sautéed to add a delightful crunch and enhance the overall taste. A sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese or a sprinkle of olive oil can elevate the dish to new heights, providing a rich and kind finish.
Table of contents
- What is Chicken Sausage Pasta?
- How to Make Chicken Sausage Pasta?
- History of Chicken Sausage Pasta
- Preparing the Chicken Sausage
- Cooking the Chicken Sausage
- Ingredients for Chicken Sausage Pasta
- Boiling the Pasta
- Preparing the Sauce
- Combining the Ingredients
- Serving Suggestions
- Related Posts
Chicken Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
What is Chicken Sausage Pasta?
Sausage pasta is a delightful Italian-inspired dish that combines the delicious flavors of chicken sausage with the richness of pasta. It is a universal and enjoyable meal that can be enjoyed by both meat lovers and pasta lovers. The mix of tender chicken sausage, al dente pasta, and a flavorful sauce creates a balanced blend of tastes and textures that will leave you craving for seconds.
How to Make Chicken Sausage Pasta?
To make chicken sausage pasta, start by cooking your favorite pasta according to package instructions. In a separate pan, heat some olive oil and sauté chopped onions and minced garlic until fragrant. Add sliced chicken sausages and cook until they are browned. Next, add diced bell peppers and sliced mushrooms, and cook until they are tender. Stir in your choice of tomato sauce or Alfredo sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes
- Can I use any pasta for chicken sausage pasta?
Yes, you can use any pasta for chicken sausage pasta. Popular choices include penne, fusilli, spaghetti, or even macaroni. Use your preferred pasta shape or experiment with different varieties to suit your taste.
- Can I make chicken sausage pasta ahead of time?
Yes, you can make chicken sausage pasta ahead of time. Simply prepare the pasta and the sausage mixture separately, then store them in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator.
History of Chicken Sausage Pasta
Chicken sausage is a modern dish that blends elements from different culinary traditions. The history of chicken sausage can be traced back to the emergence of pasta dishes in Italy and the popularity of sausages in various cultures.
Pasta, a staple of Italian cuisine, has a long history dating back to ancient times. It was initially made from simple ingredients like wheat flour and water. Over the centuries, pasta-making techniques evolved, and different shapes and sizes of pasta were created. The Italian influence on pasta dishes spread worldwide, including the incorporation of pasta into various recipes.
Preparing the Chicken Sausage
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced chicken sausage to the skillet and cook until it turns brown and is cooked through, which should take approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Once the chicken sausage is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set it aside for later use.
Cooking the Chicken Sausage
- Now it’s time to cook the star of our dish, the chicken sausage. Follow these steps to achieve a deliciously golden and flavorful result:
- Heat the olive oil: In a large skillet or frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic: Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté them until they turn golden and fragrant.
- Add the chicken sausage: Place the sliced chicken sausage in the skillet and cook it until it turns brown and crispy on the outside. Make sure to stir occasionally to ensure even cooking.
Ingredients for Chicken Sausage Pasta
To create a scrumptious chicken sausage pasta, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of chicken sausages, sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- 16 ounces of pasta (penne or fusilli work well).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1 can (14 ounces) of diced tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil.
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (adjust according to your spice preference).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish.
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish.
1:Cook the Pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside.
2: Sauté the Chicken Sausage
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken sausages and cook until they are browned and cooked through.
- Remove the sausages from the skillet and set them aside.
3: Prepare the Sauce
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
4: Combine the Ingredients
- Add the cooked pasta and chicken sausages to the skillet with the sauce.
- Stir everything together until the pasta and sausages are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Step 5: Serve and Garnish
- Transfer the chicken sausage pasta to a serving dish.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Boiling the Pasta
- While the chicken sausage is cooking, let’s prepare the pasta:
- Boil water: Fill a large pot with water, add a pinch of salt, and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the pasta: Carefully add the pasta to the boiling water and cook it according to the package instructions. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Drain the pasta: Once the pasta reaches the desired level of tenderness, drain it using a colander or strainer. Rinse it briefly with cold water to prevent further cooking and set it aside.
Preparing the Sauce
A flavorful sauce is essential to bring the chicken sausage pasta together. Let’s prepare a delicious tomato-based sauce:
- Combine the diced tomatoes and chicken broth: In a separate saucepan, combine the diced tomatoes and chicken broth over medium heat. Stir well to incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the dried herbs: Sprinkle the dried basil and dried oregano into the saucepan. Stir to distribute the flavors evenly.
- Simmer the sauce: Allow the sauce to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combining the Ingredients
Now comes the exciting part—bringing all the components together to create a delicious chicken sausage pasta:
- Add the cooked chicken sausage: Transfer the cooked chicken sausage from the skillet to the saucepan containing the tomato sauce. Stir well to coat the link with the sauce.
- Incorporate the pasta: Gently add the cooked pasta to the saucepan and toss everything together until the pasta is thoroughly coated with the sauce and evenly mixed with the sausage.
- Garnish and serve: Sprinkle-grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves on top of the pasta for an extra burst of flavor and visual appeal. Serve the chicken sausage pasta hot and enjoy!
Chicken sausage pasta is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with complementary side dishes. Here are a few serving suggestions to enhance your culinary experience:
- Garlic Bread: Serve a side of warm and crusty garlic bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
- Green Salad: Pair the pasta with a refreshing green salad dressed with a light vinaigrette for a balanced meal.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roast a medley of seasonal vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes, and serve them alongside the pasta for added texture and flavor.
- Wine Pairing: For an elevated dining experience, consider pairing the chicken sausage pasta with a glass of your favorite red wine, such as Chianti or Sangiovese.
While the classic chicken pasta recipe is delightful on its own, feel free to experiment with different variations to suit your taste preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Spicy Arrabbiata: Add a kick to your pasta by incorporating some crushed red pepper flakes or a drizzle of hot sauce into the sauce.
- Creamy Alfredo: For a richer and creamier dish, replace the tomato-based sauce with a luscious Alfredo sauce made with cream, butter, and Parmesan cheese.
- Vegetarian Delight: Skip the chicken sausage and substitute it with a medley of roasted vegetables, such as mushrooms, bell peppers, and eggplant, for a vegetarian twist on the classic recipe.
- Herb Infusion: Experiment with different herbs and spices to elevate the flavors of your dish. Consider adding fresh rosemary, thyme, or parsley for a burst of herbal goodness.
Remember, cooking is an art, and the possibilities are endless. Don’t be afraid to get creative and make the recipe your own!
Absolutely! You can substitute the chicken sausage with turkey sausage, pork sausage, or even ground chicken or turkey. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
While it’s best to enjoy chicken sausage pasta immediately after cooking, you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.
To make chicken, shrimp, and sausage Cajun pasta, cook the proteins, sauté vegetables, toss in Cajun seasoning, add cooked, and combine everything for a flavorful and satisfying dish.
To make a chicken and sausage pasta bake, cook sausage, sauté onions and garlic, combine with cooked pasta, mix in marinara sauce, top with cheese, and bake until golden and bubbly for a delicious and comforting meal.
Serve a side salad or garlic bread with chicken sausage pasta for a complete and satisfying meal.